Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rachel McAdams admits on-the-set romances a reality but are too distracting

MANILA, Philippines — Actress Rachel McAdams discussed how romance usually blossoms during filming. The former “Mean Girls” star dated Ryan Gosling, her leading man in “The Notebook” while another co-star Michael Sheen also took the reel to real love path with McAdams after sharing film moments in “Midnight in Paris.”

“A set may seem like a good place for romance, but I don’t think it’s very conducive; it’s too distracting,” McAdams – who now co-stars with Hollywood hunk Channing Tatum in another romance drama (“The Vow”) – told Glamour’s February 2012 issue.

“Every relationship I’ve had with a co-worker has come after the fact, because you wind up actually spending a lot of time with those people promoting the movie,” she added.

In “The Vow,” the Canadian actress plays new wife to Tatum’s character. Early marital bliss get interrupted after the wife suffers a car crash that eventually sent her into a coma. When she wakes up, her memories about her husband are erased and she finds herself attracted to an ex-fiancé played by Scott Speedman.

A confessed romantic, McAdams told Elle in a previous feature: “When Billie Holiday comes on, I can’t help but be transported – and I’m sure it wasn’t as romantic then at all – but that’s the wonderful part of my job: Dressing up and walking down the street in New York or Toronto, pretending I’m in the ’40s.”

She also adores her parents’ lasting union. “[My parents are] Still together and still in love. I’m very blessed that way. I had a great example of love in front of me, and that’s probably what makes me such a romantic, because I’ve seen it firsthand.”

Inspired by real-life events and slated for February release in Manila, “The Vow” is written by Abby Kohn & Marc Silverstein and Jason Katims, with story by Stuart Sender.

No comments:

Post a Comment